Monday, November 7, 2011

In The Grow - Q & A

Q. Do you think some suckers should be taken off tomato plants? I say yes; my son says no. I take off the first three from the bottom of my plant.

Q. We live a few miles north of West Lafayette. We purchased four Korean boxwoods, intending to plant this summer, but an unexpected waterline problem means we will not be able to plant them this season. They are still in their plastic tubs. Must we plant them here temporarily, or can we store them over the winter in their tubs in a basement or unheated outbuilding? And what about watering?

Q. I have a poinsettia that I planted outside after frost this spring on the north side of my house. It grew as big as a bushel basket. I dug it up and brought it inside. Now, how can I get it to bloom for Christmas?

For answers to these questions, click here.

No comments: